Subject: [Leica] Re:OT: Nikon D3 wedding photographer tests
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Sep 25 13:24:01 2007

> Friends,
>
> It is interesting that Mark Rabiner found that Hasselblad had handling and
> authority. In the presence of folks who know little or nothing about
> cameras, I have noticed that the Hasselblad has presence. Maybe it is the
> name, maybe it is the appearance, maybe it is the size, maybe because I
> look
> down into the camera's VF. Whether I shoot all the shots with 35mm film or
> digital, bringing the Hasselblad along always makes people take me more
> seriously.
>
> Dan K

The looking down for me was a large part of it.
I'm not one to triple the weight of the camera with a crystal prism;
Which having done so you then have to use the camera dangling in front of
your face. You'd need forearms like Popeye.

I'd set my 50mm f4 CF Zeiss Distagon T* lens at to 3.75 feet.
Set my Norman 200c strobe to f16 at half power.
And walk up to my subject till I got just under 4 feet away.
Then click
Watch it all go on glancing down it at at my waste at my little square Tummy
monitor. An Acumat screen with grid which cost me 200 bucks.
I glace up and I'm looking right at my subjects.

I think I missed less. Less than walking around with a camera in front of my
face.

F11 at 5 feet and be there.

I used a mini softbox. A small simple Norman L bracket.
Or held the head up high with my left hand.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com