Subject: [Leica] OT Canon G9
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Tue Sep 25 13:53:58 2007

Op 25-sep-07, om 22:06 heeft Didier Ludwig het volgende geschreven:

> The Ixus line is indeed a bit basic. I've something below this and
> the Canon G line, the Powershot S3 IS, new for CHF500 incl 2GB
> sandisk ultra-II and recharg. batteries (EUR320 approx). All in all
> ok as P&S, quiet and compact, but only 35mm eq. on the wide side,

Exactly why I went for the Ixus: 28 to 105 equiv. instead of starting
'just' at 35.
But man, what a bad lens it has: never have seen so much distortion
on the wide end, nor such a low DR sensor.
Isn't worth its 390 EUR, 1 gig SD included.
Philippe