Subject: [Leica] Moon photo
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Sep 28 23:06:35 2007

> try this:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Walt+Johnson/moontree_ed_1.jpg.html
>
> sonc
>
> On 9/28/07, Walt Johnson <walt@waltjohnson.com> wrote:

That's the problem most people have with shooting the moon.
Notice I don't say "a moon".

Looks like someone took a paper punch and got the transparency!
That's a Zone IX moon!
Needs to me Zone VI! The palm of your hand not a white piece of paper!

Takes quite a one degree spot meter got ascertain the proper moon response.

And or a heck of a lot of bracketing on the down side.
Say more than 2 stops...
Which most people never get that far.
Hence the lack of suitable moon shots for the masses.

Took me till just last year to get one. And I've been trying since 1965.

... That and a long enough lens.

Or like Ansel memorizing what the moon Luminance is and being able to do the
math in your head.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Moon photo)