Subject: [Leica] has anyone tried to match the colors/contrast of theoriginal Agfachrome slide using photoshop?
From: weiljr at earthlink.net (joe weil)
Date: Sat Sep 29 10:32:03 2007

Hello Paul,

 if you are still into film, I know that Freestyle is selling Rollei
ScanFilm CN400 Pro. I will quote the review from Rodger Hicks that
Freestyles uses on their website. He describes it much better than I could;

In a Shutterbug review, Roger Hicks (www.rogerandfrances.com)
www.rogerandfrances.com describes Rollei ScanFilm 400CN:

"The name says it all: Rollei?s ScanFilm 400CN Pro is an ISO 400 color
negative film (Kodak C-41 compatible) for scanning, rather than for wet
printing. The big difference is that the orange mask, incorporated in
almost all color negative films since the 1950s, is omitted: it just isn?t
needed if you are scanning.

ScanFilm offers a unique look: warm, grainy, unsharp, and desaturated. It
is, in a sense, the natural successor to those long-gone slide films,
Anscochrome 500 and Ferrania/Scotch/3M 1000D and 640T. They, too, were
unsharp, desaturated, and grainy, but in the right hands, for the right
subject, they were unbeatable. The same can be said of ScanFilm, and a C-41
compatible negative film is a lot more convenient than those old slide
films."

Granted this is not photoshop and they did not mention Agfachrome
specifically but it may be a alternative.
If you are curious, I will include the link below

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_prod.php?cat_id=&pid=1000002296

Joe

theoriginal Agfachrome slide using photoshop?