Subject: [Leica] Oh god, I'm thinking of trying a Tri-Elmar 28/35/50. Tell me I'm insane.
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Sep 30 05:58:38 2007

Vick,

Uh oh. What happened to that self control?

The 2nd one is the one to get. Not because of the DOF scale, but
because of the improved mechanics in the lens selection, detent area.
While my old one is fine you are more likely to find mushy detents in
the older used lenses. Of course the smaller filter is a plus as
well. The optical performance of both versions is the same however.

Just do it. It's a great walk about lens.
Len