Subject: [Leica] new 1.5 50 Sonnar
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Oct 3 05:08:36 2007

No question but that would be fine. This one has only the aperture ring (no
focus) on the lens body, so peculiar to the S mount.
Really a good trend though that they keep expanding their classical manual
focus choices, RF and SLR.
What about a version of the new Summarit 2.5 50 in LTM? I'd sure buy one.
The period Elmars etc are neat and tiny and HCB like. But
not comparable to the modern glass to actually take pictures with.  Sorry if
that sounds like blasphemy. I think the 111's are
incredibly neat and jewel like. They deserve to be used.
Cheers
Hoppy