Subject: [Leica] new 1.5 50 Sonnar
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Oct 3 06:32:25 2007

> For Nikon rangefinder fans.
>
> I notice that Zeiss has just announced a variant of the 1.5 50 Sonnar for
> Nikon S mount.
>
> Retro and too cool for school
>
> <http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B58B9?Open>
>

> Cheers
>
> Hoppy

Can't find it Hoppy, I don't think its there. Where is it?

Interesting for hard core Nikon Nuts who get into Nikon screw mount to go up
against the venerable 50/1.5 Nikkor.
http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/nhs/50f15/50f15.htm

The 1.5 Zeiss may have been the lens HCB used but the 1.5 Nikkor was the
lens DDD used.

Soon most of the LIFE Staff.

The beginning of the downfall of Leica did not come from the Nikon F;
It came from the 50/1.5 Nikkor 4 years before.

Its been uphill ever since.
But I think we've more than caught up.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com