Subject: [Leica] Friday Flower
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Oct 4 21:04:19 2007

At 7:18 PM -0700 10/4/07, Adam Bridge wrote:
>Wonderful control of depth of field, Henning. Can  you talk about the
>lens/aperture you used to shoot this?
>
>Well seen!
>
>Adam
>
>On 10/4/07, Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> wrote:
>>  Something from a month ago.
>>
>>  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/flowers/IMG_4203.jpg.html

Thanks, Adam.

This is with non-Leica equipment. Canon 20D and the 60mm macro, which
I find to be outstanding. Once of the best macros made.

These sorts of shot I like best with wide to medium apertures, so
this was probably about f/4, or a little bit smaller due to extension.

I then try to align the plane of focus to show the elements I'm
interested in. In this case the stamen and some of the water drops
and texture where the colour transition takes place.

This sounds rather more austere and technical than the actuality;
flower pictures are always guided a bit more by emotion than that.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design