Subject: [Leica] i'm in the lone star state.....
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun Oct 7 20:03:56 2007

this is probably the best one star review anybody could ever hope for. but
it's obvious the reviewer has confused "the photography" with his personal
feelings. how many steps back does a photographer have to take?

from amazon.co.uk:

"Armed America: Portraits of Gun Owners in Their Homes by Kyle Cassidy
Rating: * (out of five)

By E. Mathew (REAL NAME) (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews

Having just read through the reviews on Amazon.com, I thought I had to make
some comment on the UK site, if only to prompt more reactions.

This book terrifies me.

I picked it up in a bookshop and was transfixed, both by the photos and the
reasons peope gave for their gun-ownersship. The two reasons that stood out
for me were along the lines of 'I own a gun because I have the right to' and
'I own a gun so I can protect myself.' Which other rights do Americans have
that they feel the need to exercise in this way? And why do people feel
protected by owning a fire-arm?

One man's comment particularly scared me - he said that no-one saw any
reason to take guns away from good people, but that they shouldn't be given
to bad people. What sort of comic-strip black-and-white world does this man
live in?

I could just as easily have given this book 5 stars as one, as it's thought
provoking and well put together, but the lasting doubt it has produced
prompted the negative score. "

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:i'm in the lone star state.....)