Subject: [Leica] Lens Design Question
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Thu Oct 11 04:14:54 2007

Hi Frank, particularly with WA lenses the size of the elements strongly
depends on how retrofocus the lens is and how much vignetting the designer
has accepted to eliminate the high abberation potential of the marginal
rays. The super angulon 21s, which are close to symmetric, have smaller
front elements than the Elmarits which are slightly retrofocus.... If I
remember correctly (I am in the wrong country to check my own).
Frank