Subject: [Leica] vets tattoos
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Oct 11 19:24:50 2007

I'd like to think so. In the next couple weeks I'm going to try and have a
sit-down with my editor and decide if this is how I want to spend the next
year of my life and if this is something they they think they can sell. I
want to have enough photos and stories to make a compelling portfolio when I
do it.

It's certainly alive in my head right now -- I realized when doing Armed
America that I really love being around people and hearing their stories. So
for me, something that gets me around people and hearing stories is a win.
And these people have interesting stories and not only that, but they're
people who have, for whatever reasons, sacrificed for their country. And I
think that if you're going to ask someone to give up what countries ask
their fighting forces to give up -- their freedom, their youth, their lives
... all of those things, then people have an obligation to listen to them
talk about that experience.

I've only been doing this for ten months, but I'll never look at an old man
on the bus the same way again.

kc

Didier sed:

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] vets tattoos)