Subject: [Leica] black and white
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Oct 12 05:29:05 2007

Frank

I'm not talking about giving up film in lieu of doing "digital", but
shooting Fujicolor instead of Tri-X., then scan and convert.  For me,
this is a much better means of working. I prefer monochrome images but
feel it's possible to use modern methods to reach that goal. Now, if
someone came to me and said  they wanted b&w silver gelatin /*art
photos, */I'd oblige. My darkroom is adequate and consists of  a Nikkor
tank, a few reels and a decent thermometer, Still, if it's /*art*/ they
want then by god it's /*art*/ they'll get. :-)

Walt