Subject: [Leica] George: 28mm Summicron IR problem
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Oct 15 06:44:43 2007

For color and panchromatic M8 work with the 28 'cron I use a Leica IR/
UV filter (not sure who manufactures their filters).
For IR M8 work I use a B&W 093; which works just fine with the 35 lux
asph and 50 lux asph; yet displays the hot spot on the 28 'cron.

The fact that Len indicated the the phenomenal effect diminishes with
use of a "red" filter; would indicate that the phenomenon has to do
with the wave lengths processed by the optical system.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] George: 28mm Summicron IR problem)