Subject: [Leica] IMG: LHSA Rochester
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Oct 18 20:43:29 2007

> Actually, it looks like a thoroughly depressing place--were it not
> for the people in the pictures! Great to see Tom, Tuulikki et al.,
> even if only on the web.
>
> Nathan

I had seen a stock of snaps Rolf Fricke showed me last summer featuring the
architecture. I wanted to shoot those. I did. Many of them. And was happy
about it.

Rochester is small city in upstate new York further north than Buffalo even
I don't know what its supposed it be it was fine for me its got the Eastman
School of Music, the Kodak building is marvelous, a huge waterfall right in
the middle of town.
Cool whip.
Jello
French's yellow mustard.
What else could you ask for?

A mini east coast version of Niagara falls and the grand canyon all built
into one park right nearby.

Some of the Architecture is really striking. But you have to look.
There is an overall funkiness junkiness but you have to look at details. And
high up. A 90 is nice.
Lots of Empire and retro art Nouveau to go around.
The people don't dress so well but that's small town life.
If they wore those clothe around here they'd be some giggles and stares.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com