Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Cigar Box, Doolittle Raid Memorial, 1965
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Fri Oct 19 19:04:07 2007

Jim,

When I worked in Kobe, at  Shin-Meiwa ( which was the old Kawanishi
Aircraft works)  in 1988-9, they still had a line of 50 caliber bullet
holes in the corrugated steel wall of one building.  i have a great shot
of the sunlight streaming through the holes, illuminating the dust motes in
the air.

They claimed that the holes were made by the Doolittle raid of 1942, but
I thought that those B-25s were stripped of all guns to save weight.
Painted broom handles were substituted..

Jerry Lehrer

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: From the Cigar Box, Doolittle Raid Memorial, 1965)