Subject: [Leica] Wooden tripods
From: leica at hitspacebar.com (Steve Beyer)
Date: Sun Oct 28 15:40:49 2007

I remember reading pound per pound that the carbon fiber is more
stable.... ie transfers less vibrations that the Alum version of the
Gitzo tripods.  It is important to add some mass to the tripod legs
to improve stability.  This is easily accomplished by adding some
weight to the center column.  A great use for the camera bag out in
the fiield.

Steve

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Wooden tripods)
Message from octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas) ([Leica] Wooden tripods)