Subject: [Leica] 16-16-15 lens comparison
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Nov 6 09:24:08 2007

Leonard wrote:

>>I'm afraid with the depreciating dollar and Leica's increased prices,

it's getting very difficult to afford new Leica equipment.<<

I just happened to have a Leica price list from 1992. I'll bet you could
peruse early LUG messages from shortly after that time and you'll
discover similar laments. It goes with the territory, I'm afraid.
Granted they're list prices, but still!

http://www.purplehen.com/leica/leica92pl.pdf

Since moving to NC a couple of years ago most of my spare time has been
spent playing golf rather than photographing. However, lately I've been
photographing golf courses, a melding of the two passions. I was in the
market for a laser rangefinder recently. They're really handy for
getting the exact shot distance to the pin. Some people use GPS units,
but I prefer laser rangefinders. I tried a lot of different units from
Bushnell, to Nikon, to Leupold. The best by far, of course, was the
Lieca 1200. But it also cost two to three times as much as other units.

I didn't buy the Leica. I regret it every time I look through the
viewfinder of the unit I purchased. The one I bought works great. But it
isn't a Leica! I'll probably end up buying the Leica at some point. I
never should have tested it. Leica is always difficult to afford,
but....
Everyone here knows what I'm talking about.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] 16-16-15 lens comparison)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] 16-16-15 lens comparison)