Subject: [Leica] Need help of LUG'ger in Japan
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Wed Nov 7 17:51:18 2007

The 28mm conversion from the Nikon Litetouch is too cool for words.
Too bad I tossed my camera after the family got through with it.

S.

On Nov 7, 2007, at 6:08 AM, Benjamin Marks wrote:

I am wondering if we have any LUG'gers in Jap[an who would be willing to
help me with the following:

I have a Contax G-45/f:2 Planar lens which I would like to convert to
Leica
M-mount.

There is a Japanese camera company, Hayata Camera (
http://www.hayatacamera.co.jp/services/miyazaki/index.html#005), which
offers this service.  Their web site appears to offer this service for a
variety of lenses including the Contax 45/2 Planar.

However, I do not speak Japanese and cannot communicate with the Hayata
Camera Company to request this service.  I have heard from an
intermediary
(who is not in Japan) that Hayata does not deal with overseas
requests and
that payment is in cash only (50,400  Yen). Hence, someone in Japan
has to
ship the lens to Hayata and pay in cash.

I need help from someone in Japan who would be willing to be an
intermediary
for this transaction (receive the lens, an M-body and payment and
forward
the same to Hayata, and then ship the re-mounted lens and camera back to
me).

Do we have any LUGgers with the time and/or inclination to help?

Thanks in advance --

If there are any takers, you may contact me off-list at
benmarks2005-at-gmail-dot-com

Ben Marks