Subject: [Leica] Happy Thanksgiving
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 22 10:56:25 2007

"Jon's Turkey"  (Or as my sister comments "Jon, no wonder you are single")

Here is a turkey recipe that includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing --
Cool!
 When I developed this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me,
who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not
dried out. Give this a try.

8 - 25 lb. turkey
1 cup melted butter
Olive oil (As needed)
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good.)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (Orville's or Newman's ) Salt/pepper to taste
15 garlic cloves   (I usually go with 3-4 bulbs)
5 jalapenos  diced  (1 or 2 habaneros if available)
(I used to add a can of beer but with 25 years sober no longer an option)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter
salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in
baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's butt blows the
oven door open and the bird flies across the room, it's done.

And, you thought I didn't cook...

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Happy Thanksgiving)