Subject: [Leica] B&H Catalog
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 12:43:01 2007

Jon, as a retired newspaperman who recognizes the power of advertising, I'd
like to tell you the story -- legend is more like it -- of the woman in
rural
Texas who. in the days when a postcard cost a penny to send, sent one to
Neiman  Marcus, the upscale department store...

She wrote in pencil that she saw a diamond ring in their catalogue and
asked
if she could get a look at it...As the legend goes, Neiman Marcus sent a
salesmen out to see her, with his sample case of diamond rings...

And she bought two of them... the expensive ones...

The moral of the story is that it pays to advertise {and B&H has become
world famous doing it}...

regards, bob cole

In a message dated 11/29/2007 3:29:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,