Subject: [Leica] Ok - How do I fake Northern light window box?
From: mstoesz at wyoming.com (Mike Stoesz)
Date: Sun Dec 16 21:56:25 2007

Good evening from Wyoming;

I did something similar with my newly designed studio.
I mounted two rails with a total of twentyfour  22 watt 3000 degree Kelvin
compact flourescent bulbs in clamp on holders about 12 inches from a wall
painted with Ace Hardware Ceiling white semi-gloss paint.  The lights are
controlled from power strips-- 6 lights to the strip, and can be moved
closer together at one end or spread out.  The top bank of lights is located
8 feet from the floor and the lower bank of lights about 5 feet from the
floor.  I can reflect some of this light back from the left with a 4x8 white
foam core.  This was simple, versatile and cheap.  Color balance can be
adjusted either in camera or in PS or both.  I usually make a test exposure
with a my test model (a teddy bear holding a white/grey/black disk).  Then
adjust for exposure via histogram in camera and color balance via test
exposures loaded into PS.

Mike Stoesz
Laramie Digital Photo Center
Laramie, Wyoming