Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far
From: felixmaturana at telefonica.net (FÂelix LÂopez de Maturana)
Date: Tue Jan 22 12:26:21 2008

> Two big articles I DID read on the D300 is how the did not keep the price
> down to compete with Canon but went all out and redid everything with a
> live
> screen and a 50 point AF screen just like the D3.
> Its a 1.5 version of a D3 but at a higher price than a D200.
> Or the mid range Canon counterpart.
>
> Nikon will of course need another 7 months to come out with a more
> affordable 24x36 format digital body.
> But they've got their foot in big time.
> I'll be getting into 24x36 format  when they do come out with that second
> tier camera.
> And I always like those second tier cameras better.
> And so do must people.  (the F100 a prime example)
> They tend to be a much better deal and less of a clunky metal munching
> monster.

It's a month more or less that I'm shooting with this *cluncky metal
munching* that's in fact the Nikon D3 with another munster in front of
as is in fact the Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8 and I never saw such a "available"
light camera. You set  the  ISO in AUTO before choosing  the camera
speed and ISO range and the camera get the images that even your eye
can't see. I've used a EOS 5 -and still I do- but the Nikon has even one
and half ISO step more. I've never seen such a thing before. I hope the
new Leica R10 -coming soon- had such a ability.

Felix

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: Nikon D300 impressions so far)