Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica M8 alternative
From: jjd at jjd.com (James J Dempsey)
Date: Fri Feb 1 06:44:33 2008

> From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
> Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 alternative
>
> So you can't afford the M8, don't want to take you chance on an R-D1? Looks
> like this is an easy choice, this screen is bright, menu simple:
>
> http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=1358&L=1

I've always been intrigued by these, and now the specs seem to be pretty
reasonable for such a small toy.

Has anyone tried the Minox Leica M3?  How is the image quality?  Anyone know
the 35mm effective focal-length of the lens?  Operational speed?

--Jim--

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Leica M8 alternative)