Subject: [Leica] Down Loading M8 firm ware update.
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Tue Feb 5 09:26:07 2008

At the end of the day, it was an economic decision for me to buy an M8.

At a rate of 75 cents per frame on film, processing and scanning, it doesn't
take long to recoup the digital premium over film cameras (only about $1500,
really)

Even if you add the cost of a computer to do all the processing and such,
it's still quite attractive compared to the cost of running a darkroom, and
the real estate in the house to for everything.  At $500/sq ft here in
California, a small darkroom can easily cost $20,000.

So, the rapid depreciation of my M8 is factored into the equation.