Subject: [Leica] recent images LKH
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Mon Feb 11 18:44:57 2008

Dear LUG,

        Here a few images from the recent past.  The first was actually
taken a while ago by our former exchange student Dr. Rainer Blaas, of
Freiburg, Germany.  He wanted to go for a ride in my old cub.  There
is joy in the face of the pilot.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Lee/the+Pilot/

        We have been cross country skiing lately.  My wife skied by this
grouse at a distance of 1 to 2 feet without seeing it.  I decided to
try Doug Herr's advice of looking as much like a herbivore as
possible and did get pretty close.  It is not as beautiful as Doug
would have made it but it was with a 50 mm lens and the M8.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Lee/ruffed+grouse/

        The last two are the result of what on the LUG is known as a Ted
moment.  I walked by the kitchen as my wife was preparing dessert for
guests.  I looked and said to myself, damn, that is beautiful, I have
to photograph that.  The early version turned out best to my mind,
but the finished product was both beautiful to see and to eat.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Lee/dessert/

Thanks for looking.

Lee

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] recent images LKH)