Subject: [Leica] more moon fotoz
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Feb 21 07:56:01 2008

The clouds lifted right before the eclipse started. I went outside in
the dust of snow crunching under my feet and set up my 300mm on the
d300. The sky was crystal clear. I took a few photos and then went to
meet Trillian on her way back from rehearsal. All along the street our
neighbors were standing on their porches and sidewalks, looking up,
pointing and smiling. How much this place has changed in the last 13
years -- but it still has it's problems -- helicopters hovered overhead
about 10 blocks west, shining their lights down onto the ground, in
apparent pursuit of some bad guy -- Phil and I heard gunfire last week.
But it's not the wreck of a neighborhood I moved into. People often pick
up their trash these days, and put it out on trash day.

Trill and I stood in the back yard for a while. She shivered and put her
hands into my coat pockets and wrapped her scarf around me, keeping me
close. We took turns watching up through binoculars and for a moment, it
felt as though I was hanging in silent space and I could see the huge
umbrella of Earth's shadow, sweeping out into space.

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2008/feb-eclipse.jpg

Then we went went inside and played pinball.

Keep pushing that shutter button, it'll come unstuck,

kc

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] more moon fotoz)
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] more moon fotoz)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] more moon fotoz)