Subject: [Leica] LUG convention?
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Tue Mar 4 12:44:43 2008

Brian Reid writes in part:

> Off in some thread entirely unrelated to the topic, several
> people started discussing the idea of a LUG convention.

> The LUG will be 16 years old in a month (it was founded on 7 April
> 1992) and I think the largest gathering of us that has ever happened is
> maybe a dozen of us claiming a section of the bar at an LHSA meeting.

> I think that if there was a LUG convention and 40 people
> attended, it would be a roaring success. If 80 people attended
> we'd definitely have to make it a regular event (perhaps every
> second year).
>
> Thoughts?

We had 32 Lugger's and significant others at the Lug dinner held in San
Francisco a couple of years back. This event was set-up to correspond with
the LHSA Annual Meeting that year and was the largest single Lug related
event I've attended.

If you want a larger number of attendees from more diverse locations it
would probably be best to schedule a Lug meet somewhere near in time and
location of the next LHSA Fall Meet.