Subject: [Leica] IMG: M8 BW conversion
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Tue Apr 22 16:13:52 2008

Geoff,
Wondering why you leave the UV/IR filter on. I've only been using it indoors
with people (clothing) photography (when I remember to put it on...)
My understanding is that the M8 provides better gradations of gray because
it doesn't have an IR filter on the sensor. Thus I'm thinking that for BW
not using the filter makes for more information. This just from my readings;
it may be just theory...
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Bob