Subject: [Leica] Coder for M8
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Apr 23 07:25:42 2008

At 09:54 AM 4/23/2008, you wrote:
>hi tina, would you please let me know the name of the pen and type in the
>kit

Here is what it says:

"Not all black inks are sensed reliably by the Leica M8, so included
with the Coder Kit is a carefully chosen marker pen: the Zebra
MO-120-MC-BK double-ended pen. As well as working reliably with the
sensor, the ink is hard-wearing. The small tip is ideal for the
M-Coder template, while the larger tip is suitable for increasing the
size of the black mark on the M mount, if necessary. Remarkably, most
M lenses can be encoded using the small tip only."

I tried the do-it-yourself markings available on the internet and
couldn't begin to be precise enough.  The templates look much easier to use.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com