Subject: [Leica] Auto HDR -- is nobody paying attention?
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Apr 24 09:09:29 2008

Light comes through the lens, hits the sensor. As soon as values reach
254 the camera should save a file at that exposure which can then be
merged (if necessary) with the master file so that burned highlights can
be salvaged. You could end up having a master image and ten sidecar
files with exposure values for highlights that are burned in the master.

How come nobody does this?

Leica should hire me to sit around in an office and come up with these
great ideas. I wouldn't come up with anything like "let's make a
princess diana commemorative M3 and sell it with a scarf!"

Kc

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Auto HDR -- is nobody paying attention?)
Reply from lucien_vd at mac.com (lucien_vd@mac.com) ([Leica] Auto HDR -- is nobody paying attention?)