Subject: [Leica] Auto HDR -- is nobody paying attention?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 24 09:32:21 2008

Kyle Cassidy <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu> wrote:

> Light comes through the lens, hits the sensor. As soon as values reach
> 254 the camera should save a file at that exposure which can then be
> merged (if necessary) with the master file so that burned highlights can
> be salvaged.

Or with 16-bit pixels, 65534 instead of 254.  I suspect processing power
and buffer size are the limiting factors for this feature.  The camera (or
sensor) would have to monitor every pixel during the exposure and continue
monitoring while saving each "highlight" file.  In essence making numerous
sub-captures during the nominal exposure.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Auto HDR -- is nobody paying attention?)