Subject: [Leica] noctilux factoid of the day
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Apr 24 22:24:55 2008

Len.. I followed you by a  a year,,,,,  My experience was on a IBM ( small)
mainframe, and a Pdp 8-1.  Toggle switches, teletype for making paper tape,
punch cards, and all.

While it was possible to rent time on a Mainframe( really more likely a
mini), it was highly unusual, time consuming, and usually computers were not
used as engineering tools in the 60's.  At least not for commercial jobs.
And in Germany?  Less likely, yet.

If the Nocti came out in 1966, it would have been engineered before that,
maybe by 2-4 years.  Making the proposed Engineering date, 1964 - 1962.  Way
too early.....

Nope, done with slide rules, long division, and multiplication.....by hand.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] noctilux factoid of the day)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] noctilux factoid of the day)