Subject: [Leica] noctilux factoid of the day
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Fri Apr 25 08:32:54 2008

As a certified Old fart (I started programming in 1962) I remembered
vaguely a special purpose software language targeted at building lens
design software being used on an IBM 1130.  This was when there was
still some debate regarding programming languages being totally
generic (like C) vs domain specific (like FORTRAN and COBOL). I hit
Google for it and could not find it, but this interesting on lens
design  showed up:

http://www.optics.rochester.edu/~stroud/BookHTML/ChapIII_pdf/III_18.pdf