Subject: [Leica] Steve's Book
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon Apr 28 09:17:01 2008

On Apr 27, 2008, at 6:45 PM, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

> I received a signed copy of Steve Barbour's book last week. It is a
> most
> compassionate work of young kids facing great odds. It, to me, is both
> heartbreaking one one hand, and filled with hope on the other. I can
> well
> believe that it must have been a cathartic and emotional experience
> for
> Steve to publish this book, and it shows. Highly recommended.

thank you Jayanand...

your accurate description  "heartbreaking on one hand, and filled with
hope on the other" describes the medical care of critically ill
children, my feelings preparing the book.

The work on the book being tinged with wonder, pain, and
exhiliaration...respect for children and for medicine.

Gratified that in "I never wanted to be famous" these sensations are
appreciated in other countries and cultures.

Steve