Subject: [Leica] Nikon Coolscan 4000 Users.... I need help!
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat May 3 08:26:03 2008

Which is why most folks seeking digital imaging as an end result
moved to digital capture.
When I shot film and had images drum scanned by others it was a dream.
When I had to start scanning myself - not so dreamy - doable - decent
results possible - just like in the darkroom:
practice, learn, practice, practice.
Then there's the matter of acquiring the best possible scanner.
If one is going to go through all the effort to scan film; the image
files and prints should look as good as those produced in the
darkroom; which requires some top notch hardware and software as well
as an accomplished technician. I've also thousands of negatives I'd
love to turn digital - is it practical?
I haven't taken my darkroom apart because in this day and age it
seems to me that film is best handled traditionally. I have, just
last week, made my darkroom smaller. The 4x8 sink is gone. No more
30x40 prints ;~(

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com