Subject: RE: [Leica] Señoritas around the Zurich
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun May 4 14:21:07 2008

Luis Ripoll  showed:

Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 Subject: [Leica] Se?oritas around the Zurich

>>There's a while I'm not posting se?oritas, I hope you enjoy:

>>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/080211-32w.jpg.html

 <http://tinyurl.com/6ggquz%3c%3c%3c> http://tinyurl.com/6ggquz<<<

Hi Luis,

OK let?s go and take these apart so you wont make the same mistakes again !

PICTURE 1/

Bonus point, very interesting expression but lost due to lighting and
exposure!! I like the left hand to her hair. That?s the picture, ?Period!?
As the rest of the stuff is distracting garbage! :-(

Lighting? A disaster because you didn?t shoot it right. When you have such
strong back lighting go tight on the subject and get all the extraneous crap
out of the frame as listed:

A/ Truck rt. side bkgd.

B/ Bright sunlit sign at top of her head

C/ Sunlit sidewalk lft.. & shadows

D/ You should?ve exposed for her face

Stayed tight, maybe a 90mm lens? And not let the back ground lighting affect
your exposure!

PICTURE 2/

Same errors as above, too loose a frame as all the other people become a
distraction because of the highlights all over the place and she?s too small
fighting for picture space! Again not a long enough lens if we?re talking
about the single senorita! And the exposure is questionable!

PICTURE 3/

The harsh side lighting doesn?t do anything for her and her mouth full of
food or drink isn?t the least bit making her look like a beautiful senorita!

And she looks like she?s falling out of the frame for no apparent reason!
But the main thing is, the harsh side light is killing you!

Either you shot too soon or too late! But with that lighting and exposure it
wouldn?t have made any difference unless she was naked!!!

PICTURE 4/

This picture doesn?t do anything but show the backs of a couple and a bunch
of people on the street.

Now if he had his hand on her back or possibly under her bra strap, then
maybe you?d have something worth while suggesting closeness.

I mean, they maybe a couple, but they have no appearance of being connected.
She?s leaning away from the guy, he?s just resting his arm on her chair back
and ? What is the picture? At the moment it?s only an exposure! Like what
turned you on to shoot this? Her bare back?

I realize this is hard and to the point, but I bet you wont make the same
mistakes again!

Everyone of these could?ve been improved by one or two steps closer or the
use of a longer lens.

Now get out there and shoot your usual beautiful senorita pictures you do!
And let?s be careful with the lighting! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) (RE: [Leica] Señoritas around the Zurich)