Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppy does Friday flower again
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun May 4 21:50:35 2008

Glad you liked it Jim. I got this neat explanation from my dad, the garden
owner.

"That shrub is called Calliandra 'Pink Poodle'. [Sorry about that].
There is a variety native to Bolivia which produces dark red blooms and
another from Brazil which has white flowers. I suspect some nurseryman has
bred a hybrid from the two. The common name is Tassel Flower.  For me, I
refuse to call it Pink Poodle".

So there you go. No finches are known to visit these bushes but some
honeyeaters like them a great deal.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e