Subject: [Leica] Nikon Coolscan 4000 Users.... I need help!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon May 5 18:14:52 2008

> Dang it! My manual only mentions the TIFF. However the .dng option is now
> there for a Raw save, as you say. Evidently added from the earlier version
> that I had here. I haven't vuescanned in some time. I now have 8.4.7.1 pro
> version. So you really are getting the unprocessed linear data from the
> sensor. That greatly increases the attractiveness of Vuescan for film
> stuff.
> As for the chocolates, I'll send Mark his after he sends me the prints he
> has owed me for 8 or 10 months now! I'll buy you a beer in December. Steve
> will have to come and visit me if he wants to collect.
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e

Guilty in the late to send prints department.
And a couple other people as well!
My printer has been running on light cyan and light magenta fumes for
awhile. But I just this week spent half my budget on pods for both those
colors and replaced the light magenta already. I'm feeling enabled.
Next to blow will be light light grey, it's an Epson 3800 but I think its a
month away even with some serious printing at full bore.
I'm back to standardizing on 5x7's.
I can afforded them, the best paper possible
What good is a print if it sits at home.
5x7's are in my camera bag with me where ever I go.
And much easier to mail I'm sure.
And the impact really I think is there.
Beats the heck out of 4x5's I'd had with me showing people before.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com