Subject: [Leica] Nikon Coolscan 4000 Users.... I need help!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue May 6 09:32:57 2008

> Hello Steve,
>
> I've just tried this with vuescan and a canon lide 20  and it worls. My
> copy
> of Phtoshop 7 doesn't even see the file much less open it. You have to
> click
> on options>advanced>more to see the DNG option. You could use vuescan to
> convert any file to DNG if you had time.
>
> BWs Gordon

I'm naturally interested to see what the comparison would be between such a
100 mb scanned raw neg .DNG  possessed with help from the current Adobe Raw
filter taken with perhaps a Leica with modern glass and slow to medium film
- against output from an M8. And D3. By output to me I'd like to see a 17x22
inch print.
I can't predict an outcome.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com