Subject: [Leica] Senior Solo
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed May 7 16:04:43 2008

> In Bach's time, the cello was a much bigger instrument, had no peg, and was
> stung with gut.  Meyer's rendition probably sounds more like Bach intended.

I thought the Cello's were smaller in the old days!
And you squeezed them between your knees with no peg.
I played Cello as a kid from the ages 11 through 16.

In NY here on the streets you see lots of bass players with a wheel where
the jpeg goes for transportation. They glide down the sidewalk.
I guess they can't get their mother to drive them to school with one of
those....

I find it a bit interesting seeing all those big string basses glide go down
the sidewalk I think finally now  kind of like in the woody allen movie we
can have one in the marching band!
My mom had to drive me to school on cello days.

It also reminds me of a types of creatures in one of the OZ books.
A Wheeler.
There was also Hip Hopper. Had one foot and hopped. He was a Hopper. Drawn
by John R. Neill.
I think there were the Hoppers and the Wheelers.
Monopod people.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com