Subject: [Leica] Re:Leicas donated to RIT
From: rendress at mac.com (Richard Endress)
Date: Thu May 8 11:45:58 2008

Don, Interesting to hear these M's going to RIT.  About time Leica
made a smart move.  Apple has been making it easy for students to use
their product for a long time.  I had an epiphany at RIT and
converted to Leica.  Got a couple lllc's and never looked back.  I
had been using 35mm and a 6x7 SLRs and wasn't getting results that
thrilled me.  Usable pix but no thrill.  I happened to sign out a
Nikonos to use while taking a scuba class and got pictures that
really pleased me.  I can appreciate a well crafted photo but I get a
real thrill out of a grab shot.  My feeling is "Zone focus, keep
moving for angles and keep shooting".  On the other hand, I never
"made it" as a photographer. But I keep telling myself that had more
to do with marketing than anything else.

Ok, Ok it's another digression. Sorry.

Richard Endress
rendress@mac.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/r_endress/