Subject: [Leica] Leica CL w/ 40/2 & 90/4 FS US$1050
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Fri May 9 18:47:39 2008

I'd like to sell my Leica CL outfit.  Details:

What's included: Leitz Minolta CL, Leitz 40mm Summicron-C w/ shade and front
cap, Leitz 90mm Elmar-C w/shade and front cap, leather  case for body + 40mm
lens.  For a buyer from this list I will include two Leitz Series 5.5
filters
(one UVa, one SL).

Details/condition: The camera and both lenses were purchased from Sherry
Krauter
three years ago this spring and all had been freshly cleaned, lubricated and
adjusted.  All function perfectly, mechanically and optically.  The lenses
look
basically like new outside, have clean optics, sharp detents and smooth
focusing.  The camera meter has had a new CdS cell
installed and calibrated with a 1.5v battery, so no adapters are required.
The
viewfinder is crystal clear and the rangefinder is correctly adjusted.
Although
Wetzlar-philes may be disappointed to see "Minolta" on the camera, I took
this
over another that did not have the Minolta name on Ms. Krauter's
recommendation
because of its later production date (so that it has more of the
in-production engineering
upgrades).   The camaera top plate shows one or two very, very small pecks
that
keep it from being truly "mint" or "like new" but it would easily pass the
stringent KEH EX+ grade.

Terms: I'm looking for $US 1050 shipped/insured to the lower 48 for the
whole
kit or best offer.  I'll ship overseas if appropriate arrangements can be
made.
Photos are below; first link is to the photobucket album, and subsequent
links
are to individual pictures.  Three day inspection from date of receipt;
return
of purchase price less shipping costs both ways if items are received in the
same condition shipped.

Please reply off-list if interested -

John Newell

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/j-newell/Leica%20CL/