Subject: [Leica] real focal length of M-Rokkor 2.8/28 and CV 1.9/28 mm ?
From: jean.louchet at gmail.com (Jean Louchet)
Date: Sun May 11 14:48:08 2008

Hi all,

I am glad to be back on this list after a couple of years off!

My recently acquired M8 gave me the occasion to compare the finder
brightlines to the actual field of view.
One of my lenses is a 2.8/28 M-Rokkor (originally for the CLE). On a
M6 it triggers the 35mm framelines, and on a M8 the 35 + 24
framelines.
My other 28mm is the cosina-voigtlander 1.9/28, which I use with a
28/90 adapter ring.

I thought both lenses had the same actual focal length, but in fact
the Minolta-Rokkor is much wider than the CV: on the M8 it corresponds
to the 24 mm framelines.

Does anyone have an idea of which hypothesis is the right one:
(1) the so-called M-Rokkor 28mm is actually a 24 or 25 mm
or
(2) the Rokkor 28 is really a 28, the M8 framelines are wrong and the
CV 1.9/28 is a 32mm or so?

Anyway I am glad that the M-Rokkor mount  triggers the 24 mm
framelines and I did not spend money to get a screw into the mount to
get the 28mm framelines.

Jean

--
Jean Louchet