Subject: [Leica] FS CineMate-20 Unit for Converting 8mm and Super 8mm movies to DVD
From: chehl at comcast.net (Charles Hehl)
Date: Fri May 16 09:53:57 2008

 am selling a CineMate-20 unit I used for transfering my family's 8mm and
Super 8mm home movies to DVDs.

I purchased the unit a few years ago and have finished all my needs, so I
thought someone else may be able to use the system.  By the way, it works
great.

Information regarding this process and the equipment can be found at
http://www.moviestuff.tv/index.html.

The unit I purchased is the basic CineMate-20, essentially a modified movie
projector that projects the image onto a mirror then onto a large condensing
lens.  I used a consumer grade video (DV) camera to capture the images, then
transfer the DV information onto my computer for editing and burning DVD
discs.  It sounds more complicated than it is; it is actually quite easy to
do.  The output is just as good or better than what would be seen on a movie
screen; plus it allows an opportunity to edit out the unwanted content and
add music.

I unit that is for sale is just like new and comes with original
instructions.  The unit sells new for $1195, plus shipping.  I will sell my
unit for $600, plus shipping.