Subject: [Leica] OT: .25 caliber pistols
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri May 16 12:15:47 2008

Then there are those of us who believe in 230 grains moving at 850 fps for
getting the job done on non-kevlar targets.  Of course you can practice on
6" targets at 25 meters so even in Kevlar you have a pretty good chance of
connecting with a soft spot.  The trouble with 22's is that even if a target
is hit correctly the target may keep coming at you for several minutes.  The
CIA had S&W build an automatic 22 that would discharge 10 rounds in less
than a second which would long term be pretty fatal to flesh and blood while
keeping the noise down.  Likewise the Soviet did a similar thing but using a
custom 22ish caliber but at a much higher velocity to defeat body armour.