Subject: [Leica] IMG: nature reclaiming dreams
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue May 20 09:14:22 2008

George,

Nice milling setup.  Your comments reminded me of an experience I had as a
college senior.  The head of the Aero Eng Dept. purchased a small precision
drill press for the department to use.  It came in with the table all coated
with a protective grease.  I was given the job of cleaning it up, which I
did. However, I did not think about applying any replacement protection for
the table.  The next day, the table was covered with a uniform coating of
very fine rust.  You can imagine my reaction.  I cleaned off the table and
oiled it, but never forgot how upsetting this experience was for me.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA