Subject: [Leica] OT: Sigma DP1 review
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue May 20 13:09:23 2008

On May 20, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Philippe AMARD wrote:

> Steve Barbour wrote:
>

>> On May 20, 2008, at 11:43 AM, Nathan wrote:
>>
>>> Well, the whole reason why many people got excited about the DP1
>>> was  that it had a sensor similar to 4/3, i.e. much bigger than
>>> the  typical P&S camera has. Therefore, one had the right to
>>> expect that  it would perform on a level similar to the 4/3
>>> cameras or the 1.6  sensor DSLRs, which clearly is not the case.
>>> And when is slow nice?  Certainly not when trying to do street
>>> photography, or any other  photography for that matter. When I had
>>> the GRD, one of the most  unbearable things about it was that it
>>> took 5-6 seconds to write a  RAW file to the card. From the
>>> review, it seems that the Sigma is  even worse in that regards.
>>>
>>> Forget it.
>>

>> maybe the Oly E 420 with the pancake...?
>>

> Pancakes are for Mike Steve, with mapple sirrup most probably.
> I had some tonight, Britanny recipe provided by Z?lie's probable
> mother-in-law, and made by Tim; a treat with Chesnut mash or Lemon
> and crystallized sugar plus dry cider.

when my wife first arrived in New York from Paris, she ordered a dozen
and a half  pancakes...

the guy in the short order looked astonished, confirmed the order, are
you sure ?

mais oui... !

so it arrived...

a stack, more than a foot high...

Dominique almost passed out...

that's how she learned the difference between crepes and pancakes...

beware,

Steve

>>> http://www.greatpix.eu