Subject: [Leica] IMG: Flower_Len
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri May 23 12:29:40 2008

Philippe,

I was thinking of you when I posted it. This is a straight shot, no
PS manipulation.

This is an add on fisheye adapter kinda popular in the 60's and 70's.
You screw it onto a standard lens mounted on your camera body. It
came with adapters for 49mm, 52mm and 58mm filter threads. On a full
frame film or digital camera you get a full round image with a 50mm
lens. The circle gets smaller as the prime lens is a wider focal
length and the top and bottom get cut off if you use a telephoto.
There is no focusing as you use the prime lens wide open and focused
to infinity. It's a pretty cheap lens but if you can find one the
price is around $100 US for one in nice condition.

Len