Subject: [Leica] digital workflow question(caution multiple kidpic)
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Wed May 28 14:46:49 2008

Hi Simon,
I think I understood the first time, so your communication is good. I
imagine you can set the camera to only record RAW. With lightroom, you
import the raw files just as easily as .jpg files (it just takes a bit
longer as they are larger). With Lightroom, working with raws for selecting
files for further work is like slicing through butter with a hot knife; very
VERY easy.
So you eliminate the whole jpg thing; saves room on your memory card, saves
room on your computer. All very intuitive and simple with Lightroom.
So you asked how to accomplish selecting files for futher work and deleting
unwanted files easily. Lightroom does this for me
As I said, you may want to take a look at it and move from your DPP program.
Best of luck,
Bob

?Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA