Subject: [Leica] OT: why hasn't someone...
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Thu May 29 21:15:38 2008

Come out with a high quality, large size sensor digital back for the
Nikon F5? I'll include the Canon EOS 1V for good measure. I mean
really, with miniaturization of everything computerized, there is no
excuse why this can't be done. The only reason I can think of is the
manufacturers' desire that we all buy new digital cameras. The F5 is a
computerized platform pretty much ready to go. No lcd for review, that
would just add weight. Just a simple back for capturing images on one
or two media cards, chimping to be left for the computer.
I know there are a lot of people out there who think the F5 was the
best 35mm camera ever created and Nikon has not been the same since
they reached that pinnacle. If the F5 could be used as a high quality
digital camera, there are a lot of people who would go back to using it.
my $.02
PhilFo